Wednesday, September 12, 2007

It's Luke's Turn

It's finally my turn! Gotta show little bro my new class


Luke started 3 year old preschool last week. As you can tell from the pictures, he was excited that morning until we got to school. He was a little apprehensive (I could tell by the expressions on his face and the amount of thumbsucking he did), but he had no problem saying good-bye once the time came for me to leave. He has two wonderful teachers, and I know that he is going to have a great year:) I am truly enjoying my time with him and Andrew as well. He goes to preschool three mornings a week, so I have him and Drew the rest of the time. I know that in a blink of an eye they will be all grown up. The other day at the grocery store a woman came up to me and gave me some advice. She told me her two boys were in their 4o's now and she wanted me to know that the time I have with them right now is one of the most precious. She told me to be sure to let go of the "small stuff" and really relish this time in their lives. What great advice! I have definitely spent a lot of time over the last two days playing and truly enjoying these "young years."

2 comments:

lauren said...

he looks like such a big boy! i'm so glad he likes it. that lady was right...that's why my house is a mess right now b/c sparkling floors and counters are the small stuff :) love y'all so much!
lauren

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristen! It's Jaime Bennett Guthrie, Lauren's friend! Just wanted to say Hi and tell you that I have enjoyed keeping up with you and your precious ones through Lauren's blog. It is so obvious how God has blessed David and you! It's so great to be able to keep up with so many people! Take care.
Jaime