Friday, September 7, 2007

First Day of School















Well, it finally happened....my little baby girl started kindergarten. At the end of the day I asked her what her favorite part was and she told me that a little girl shared her dessert with her. Definitely a way to win Sarah's heart (and friendship) everytime......dessert!!


It is truly amazing how fast these last five years have gone by. To my surprise I did not shed a tear that first day until I parked my car later that morning at the YMCA and asked my little three year old if he wanted to go in and play at the playcenter. He has never once complained of going......except today. I turned around and tears welled up in his eyes. "Mommy, I miss Sarah," and tears started streamming down his face. Well, the tears started flowing freely at this point.......his best friend and playmate had left him for kindergarten......after LOTS of hugs and kisses he decided that he could go without her. Definitely a big "first" day for Luke as well....the first day without his big sis. Needless to say, he was sooooo excited to welcome her home that afternoon. I think he realized that she was not going away forever, just for a few hours.........

No comments: