Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fall Decorating

Leaves lining the front step
Chair decor (even the legs were adorned with rocks and acorns:)
Our "Fall" Welcome Mat
No need to buy one...nothing better than the real thing!

Happy Fall everyone!! Don't you just LOVE this time of year? Today I could not resist purchasing a pumpkin at the grocery store for the front porch. I have been noticing that a lot of my neighbors have started decorating for fall. Gotta start getting my house decorated for fall, right? I prefer going to a local pumpkin patch and picking out some pumpkins and gourds, but I just couldn't wait. We will have to do the pumpkin patch thing soon.....gotta have more of them!The cool breeze today and beautiful blue skies just got me very much in the "fall spirit."

After the kids got home from school they noticed the pumpkin right away. They immediately asked if they could help decorate. Before I was able to get down my "fall decor" box from the attic, the kids had gone out into the yard to collect their fall decorations....leaves, acorns, grass, ornamental grass, rocks, sticks, etc... They strategically placed them all around the front stoop. I did not know what they were up to until they were finished. Not exactly what this mom had in mind at first, but I immediately fell in love with it. It was nothing spectacular or ingenious, but it brought such a huge smile across my face. God showed me clearly two very simple truths today.

*Children are a blessing and gift from the Lord; Enjoy them!
Psalm 127:3
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from Him."

Matthew 18:3
"I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

*God much preferred my childrens' decorations over anything I could have done.
Romans 12:2
"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will."
Proverbs 14:30
"A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones."
John 12:43
"...for they loved praise from men more than praise from God."

1 comment:

Jackamo said...

Beautiful...in every way!