Saturday, December 20, 2008

Sponge Ornament


After being up late working on Christmas cards (yes, procrastinator as always with this!) I walked by the Christmas tree and something caught my eye. Yes, a kitchen sponge delicately placed on our tree for all to see! I am guessing that the perpetrator is our very active and creative two year old. I don't know how long this has been there, but something really profound hit me in that moment as I chuckled out loud. How much have I missed over these past few weeks? Those little moments during the day when I am too busy to stop and play, or stop and listen...... I don't want to miss those Lord!!! Thank you for using my two year old's sponge ornament to remind me of that this Christmas season. I think I might make the sponge a permanent fixture on the tree this year......and maybe the next, too:)
Moral to the story: Soak in every moment with those you love!
Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Jackamo said...

Perfect! Tell lil'A thank you for me. I'm sure I've missed many moments this year. I've been running 90 mph nonstop. Time to stop and remember the whole point, not just of Christmas, but of everything. Love you, sweet friend. I wish you and your precious family a Merry Christmas with my whole heart!

Jon and Doty said...

Love it Kristen, what an excellent reminder, thanks for sharing : ) !